Harvard Vanguard is pleased to offer Centering Prenatal Appointments, based on the nationally-recognized model, CenteringPregnancy®. Each of the 8 appointments begins with your regular, private prenatal check-up, and then you meet with other pregnant women for a 60-90 minute discussion that is educational, supportive, and most importantly, fun!
The benefits are many:
- Share ideas and learn from other expecting mothers with similar due dates
- Have ample time to get answers to your questions in a relaxed environment
- Discuss various subjects about childbirth, breastfeeding, parenting, and much more
- Partners, husbands, or other support people are welcome
- Appointments start and end on time
- No extra cost
- Additional, individual visits can be scheduled with your doctor as needed
Please watch the video below to hear more from our doctors and certified nurse-midwives who facilitate these appointments at Harvard Vanguard, as well as perspectives from other patients who have attended Centering prenatal appointments.
Centering prenatal appointments are offered at 6 of our practice locations. Please call the location nearest you to inquire about the schedule and availability of these appointments:
- Chelmsford: (978) 250-6200 (main number) and ask for Sandra Moulton, Clinical Practice Supervisor
- Kenmore: (617) 421-1191 (main number) and ask for Judith Watler, Clinical Practice Supervisor
- Copley: (617) 859-6250 (main number) and ask for Claudette Johnson, Clinical Practice Supervisor
- Post Office Square: (617) 654-7280 (main number) and ask for Beatrice Robbins, Clinical Practice Supervisor
- Somerville: (617) 629-6330 (main number) and ask for Dianne Walker, Clinical Practice Supervisor
- Wellesley: (781) 431-5249 (main number) and ask for Kerri St. Germain, Clinical Practice Supervisor
For more general information, please contact Michele Helgeson, CNM, at (781) 431-5249 or email Michele_Helgeson@vmed.org.