At Harvard Vanguard, our vision is to partner with our patients and communities to make it easier to be healthy, thereby measurably improving their health. The first part of that – “to partner with our patients” – is taking on a new and exciting form at our Kenmore practice with the formation of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). Become a member and help us design new ways of delivering high-quality, patient-centered healthcare.
As an advisory council member, you can have a valuable and positive impact on patient experience by sharing your input and ideas about how we can improve patient care, service and safety. We are looking for patients or family members of patients with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives who can:
• Partner with and advocate for the diverse needs of our patients and their families
• See beyond your own experience, listen to and respect multiple points of view
• Speak comfortably in a group and actively engage in process improvement
• Share personal experiences in ways that others can learn from
• Commit to the vision and goals of the Kenmore Patient and Family Advisory Council
• Enthusiastically support the overall mission of Harvard Vanguard
Council meetings will be held monthly (excluding summer months) at the Kenmore practice in the evenings and will be two hours in length. Dinner will be provided and parking is complimentary (taxi vouchers are also available). Council members will serve for a minimum of 1 year, up to a 3 year limit.
If you are interested, you can print and complete the PFAC Application and mail it to the address at the end. If you have additional questions, please contact Barry Small, Kenmore Administration, at 617-421-2929. All applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted for an interview as council positions become available.